Prince Edward Island had its first provincial draw of 2021, issuing 211 invitations to apply to skilled worker and entrepreneur candidates. A total of 196 of the invitations went to Express Entry and Labour Impact candidates.
Business impact candidates received the remaining 15 invitations. They required a minimum score of 80 points.
Potential dates for the next PEI Expression of Interest draws.
Prince Edward Island Labour Impact Category
1) Skilled Worker Stream
This stream allows skilled workers with a job offer in PEI to be nominated for Canadian PR if they meet the following criteria:
- A full-time employment offer from a Prince Edward Island business in an occupation classified as skill level “0”, “A” or “B” of the National Occupational Classification (NOC);
- Completion of post-secondary education, with a minimum of 14 years of formal education;
- Between 21 and 55 years of age;
- At least 2 years of full-time work experience in the past 5 years;
- Sufficient proficiency in English or French to occupy the employment offered;
- Sufficient settlement funds;
- Demonstrated intention to settle in Prince Edward Island.
2) Critical Worker Stream
This category is designed to resolve labour shortages and is open to foreign workers already in PEI with employment in specific critical demand occupations. The primary criteria for nomination are:
- To be eligible to apply for the PEI Critical Worker stream you must:
- Have a full-time long-term (i.e. permanent or minimum of 2 years) job offer from a PEI employer in NOC skill level C or D in one of the following occupations:
- truck driver,
- customer service representative,
- food and beverage server,
- or housekeeping attendant.
- Have worked a minimum of six months full-time for the PEI employer.
- Have a valid work permit and legal status in Canada.
- Be able to attend an interview at the Office of Immigration, if required.
- Possess a minimum education of high-school equivalent.
- Be between the ages of 21 and 59.
- Have at least two years of full-time work experience or relevant education in the past 5 years.
- Provide a valid language test result obtained within the last 2 years. A minimum standard of Canadian Language Benchmark/Niveaux de compétence Linguistique Canadiens 4 in each of the4 categories (listening, reading, writing and speaking) is required.
- Have sufficient financial resources to pay all immigration costs (including travel expenses) for you and your family to be able to establish in PEI.
- Demonstrate a genuine intention to settle in PEI.
- Score at least 50 points on the Labour Impact Self-Assessment.
PEI Business Impact Category
- have a minimum verifiable personal net worth of $600,000 which has been accumulated through legal and legitimate sources in your own right;
- have a minimum education of secondary school equivalent;
- be within 21-59 years of age at the time of application;
- have transferable management skills and past employment or business ownership experience;
- meet minimum language requirements equivalent to a CLB/NCLC 4; and
- intend to live and work in PEI while providing day-to-day active and ongoing management of your PEI-based company.